Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Interesting post too...

Recently, I heard tons of news saying that UTAR this and UTAR that. A lot of nonsense, rumors, and now emerge from the mouth of those people who have no proof to it. Apparently, UTAR is STILL growing, and logically, it takes time to improve, even mere step by step. However, some idiot outside, who think that UTAR sux and we are stupid for making an unwise decision, spending our years and money studying IN ORDER to further our studies in a wrong Uni. So lets make things simple. They think their Uni is good and better, foremost, the best of all. (yeah right) They keep claiming that UTAR system is bad and bla bla bla, claiming this without any strong foundation will prove that they are real baka. In other words, they cannot become a SMART lawyer since they just claim things blindly. Lol.

So, I would like to take this golden opportunity to get some ideas and comments from UTARians on how is UTAR. Well, if your answers are like the lecturers aren't dedicated or what else that involves the lecturers' performance, please don't mention it. Uni is a place to self-study, not waiting for mumy and pupy to spoon-feed you. (I understand this very well, but I don't usually practice it. xp) A lecturer's job is to guide you, showing the right path, although the path is full of barriers or spikes everywhere, they aren't responsible to CARRY YOU throughout the whole route. Remember this. And I do appreciate what they had thought me, although some of those valuable knowlegde I already forgotten. Especially foundation lecturers, Mr. Ong, Ms Wong, Ms Joyce, they are dedicated and you cannot say that they didn't do their jobs. And some rediculous reasons, altering the true fact of responsible lecturers, quoted by those who are so happened NOT to be UTAR undergraduates or graduates.

Above of all these, they seem to be having the intention to spoil UTAR image, saying all those rubbish which doesn't even have solid reasoning. In fact, some of them are really bullshiting. And there lots of brawls and quarrels among Universities' undergraduates. And the factor that caused this tragedy to happen was the proudness of the students for being UTAR undergraduates. Come on, be a bit mature, even I have the boyish face with a matured mind. Stop this unneccessary quarrels, other people will find it like a baby fight. And I personally think that, which Uni doesn't matter. What really matters is the quality. Definitely you will ask me about " what quality ". UTAR quality? Nope, it's your own quality. Your quality of being YOUR Uni graduates. What's more?

Some even argued that Harvard Uni, is the top Uni currently, and what is the reason behind this? Well, I absolutely will shoot them back, why is Harvard top, above all Uni that it's the best? Top rated in the world? A simple yet logic question came out from my mind.

"You define good UNI as having good teaching system. Then allow me to ask, is it good in Spoon-feeding? If so, then that UNI has nothing better." And I don't like Uni with lots of Malay. Why? It's not that I am racist or what, is just that I experienced lots of upset and unhappy things that happened in my secondary together with Malays. Please don't get the wrong idea. I'm not saying that Malays are bad, I do have a few good Malay friends, but it appears to be majority of them are badly disciplined, in terms of behavior. They do things using their own ways. As simple as that. So UM doesn't even exist in my list of Uni. In fact, I am scared to enroll in UM, even if I am offered a course which I attempt to get in. Why? Why not? If for non-bumiputra, which so happen that there is a few non bumiputra are able to get in, this will prove that you are so eligible, lucky and foremost, you have the intelligence. BUT as you know the standard drops alot, since the day my dad graduated from there. And the most crucial factor, which is they will descriminate other race. Maybe your friend who is currently pursuing his/her study in UM will deny it. And I will say it depends on luck. I kena lots of these things. So I have phobia.

Anyway, it's immoral to criticize other University without having solid reasons. Try not to accuse lecturer for not being dedicated or what, the power is in your hand, change yourself, in order to excel in Uni. Thats my word. But I don't do this unless I'm challenged.

Sorry for any misuse of language or have I offended you, dear readers. This is just my thought, my ideas and my personal opinion. In fact, I'm neither persuading nor criticizing, readers. You have the right to say what you want, so you may take this as reference. Nothing wrong.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're right, many people think that top uni means that the lecturers are very good. Actually most of the points for ranking (times anyway) come from research so unless you are going for research ph.d or masters, the rankings don't show the true quality of teaching for undergraduates. If you think about it, they won't be good teachers because they'll be too focused on their research all the time and can't properly teach the average person who is new to the subject, or they might think it's a waste of their time. I've read before that in terms of teaching Malaysia uni is not bad it's just that they don't do enough research that's why they are so low-ranked. Don't know how true it is la.. Most importantly is the person.